Monday, 1 July 2013

Riding > not training

Feeling crap on a Sunday evening? Fuck it.. go for a ride.. I really didnt fancy a  woods thrash session ( Even though I should be working on technique) so I wussed out due to the onset of snotties and an hour in the nettles and brambles at 95% Max was not very palatable.
I decided to do the Wednesday evening cross ride route. Hopefully with it dry and sunny, and daylight, I would get more out of  a 15 mile off road loop.
Pretty much as I expected, a good steady ride, with no real technical bits.. A lot of walkers and dogs off the leads though, definitely made things less flowing, but at least the bike didn't ice up like the last time I did this loop.
Some folks out on their bikes, including a lady who decided to ram me head on and take us both off... dopey moo..
I did manage to snaffle four KOMs though. Reverse Meon Grind that has been horrendous in the winter, with regular axle deep slurry hard running sections ( wading) . Now it has dried out it is almost as bad, just faster. The path has dried out into a concretelike rut fest. Longish grass either side, force you to take the middle 'cobbled' section. 17mph across that shit.. Engage your core and float they say... Fuck off.. my fillings were falling out and I could barely see..
The Pond to Hook road segment was pretty easy. draggy up hill, the wet bits have dried and its dust bowl smooth in places.
I also went hard across the top of Chilling cliffs, scooping a 2nd place and two KOMS .. 
After a while my knee start to feel like it was 'locking ' out so I eased up and soft tapped home.
Though I did find a few good grassy verges to blast along on the way home, which kept the whole rutted field , smash your triceps and shoulders training going >
No pics.. my phone was in my pocket.. makes these posts a bit boring though..


No comments:

Post a Comment