Going into City Cross I spent a fair few sessions down on the woods circuit , which hammered dismounts, shouldering and run ups. These stood me in good stead as I had the confidence to go into the run ups faster than the guys around me.. making up places as I went.
Quite some time ago I made a pair of PVC barriers for doing drills with. Up until now I havent managed to work them into any training sessions..So last night I decided to set them up and see how it went.
A bit of an unstructured session but pretty useful. just running up and down the lane, dismounting and remounting to start. Still got that extra left foot tap on remount!! Then introduced the barriers to which I was a bit suprised at suitcase running with the bike, as I havent done much of that in any racing or training so it felt wierd..
Just as I was taking the barriers down I laid them out like this:
Now with a bit of tape I have a set of Switch backs ( my Nemesis) to practice through..
Skills
Dismount (Normal and Step through)
Remount ( No foot tap on remount!!)
Off side dismounts and remounts
Barriers.. Hopping over and Suitcase running
Shouldering bike.(downtube grab instead of top tube)
Hairpins/Switchbacks (Tight 180's) ( I am shit at these, why I need to practice the offside stuff!!)
Starts!!!( applying my Roller Racing leg speed )
So if thats the skills,I need to identify suitable drills for each and then to work that little lot into a proper session..
Once or twice a week should do it.
..


No comments:
Post a Comment