Yet another excellent course , not as twisty as last weeks, (none of those nasty double switch backs that I struggled with) but the lower field was faster and not as convoluted as last weeks.
The top section had the switchbacks between the trees, with more of a run between them, and a gloriouos fast descent into a tigthening bend, that caught a lot of riders out with a right hand ditch as it flicked under the trees.
I managed to get myself into the front row again and when the whistle went I was off in the first group .. While i got dropped by the pro boys pretty quick, and another few places when i totally crunched my gear as accelerating out of a corner up hill, I held fifth or so for the first lap or so. A train of three were coming up , so as they caught me I eased onto the back of them and sat in..
| nicked from sports-alive.com |
| nicked from sports-alive.com |
The last lap seemed to come quite quickly , but I had nothing to jump with. I was gapped on the kick for the crest of the hill and couldnt get it back. I finished tenth, and a bit gutted for at least not having a dig, but then thats racing I suppose.
So thats the end of Banjocycles Summer series. What a superb set of introductory races they have been. I have a few ideas of what I am good at , and what I really need to practise on.

No comments:
Post a Comment