Monday, 17 June 2013

Train your Weaknesses, Race your strengths..

After the last two races, I am getting a basic idea of where my strengths are and where my weaknesses lie.  Basically I lose time every lap on the draggy climb and more on the rutty draggy straights. My start needs a bit more aggression. I don't seem to be able to translate my Roller Racing start speed and cadence into real life...
  Cornering was pretty good ( or felt like) and tactically I felt I raced pretty well. My Average heart rate for the second race was 96% Max so I don't think I can go much harder.
Cut to Sunday. Family are out, I have two hours to go training .. what do I do?
1> Do some hard hill intervals knowing it will help me sharpen up in the Summer CX series?
2> Keep my eye on the Season long goal of racing cross this winter? not the short term result.

I dont know who said,"Train your weaknesses" but if draggy hard stuff. = depth = hard base miles is where I should spend my efforts, especially if I have a guilt free 2 1/2 hours available.
So I went for a hilly 40 miler.

Winter is coming..


No comments:

Post a Comment