With roller racing training not on the menu, and on baby sitting duties, I had no option but to dig out the old shitty turbo and plugged in my Lemond. I hung a towel close by, neglected to leave a waterbottle in handy range and forgot all about placing a convienient fan.
Revolver was on the menu. Probably not the best introduction , but short at 45 minutes. 16 x 1min intervals with a very short 1 min recovery inbetween. Its bloody hard. I wanted to give up after 7 but hung in there. I am sure I dropped from about a 9 to an 8 on intensity and my resting was closer to a 2 on perceived effort , but I managed to waddle my way through. I am also sure that the last 15 seconds of the intervals is longer than the 15 stated.. half blinded by sweat I just wanted it over. with the quote " your pain is not unique!" in my head I redoubled effort and the last few intervals were much stronger and committed.
I finished the session in a pretty grim state. Sweat pouring off me, and legs virtually locked up, but I thouroughly enjoyed the video ( still hate the turbo though.
Only to discover that my Garmin switched itself off and didnt log any heartrate data, which is going to screw up my Performance Chart, but anyhow I will be adding regular Sufferfests to my traing as they seem to hit the right note for me.
here is a picture of someone elses work out... but you get the idea.



No comments:
Post a Comment