Monday, 19 August 2013

Kaptajn Seat pack

I have fancied a folding seat pack/tool roll thingy for quite a long time. I think Rapha kicked off the resurgence, ( but at 40£ it stopped there.). I have even considered sewing one up myself, but couldnt be arsed.
So when I saw a picture of a Kaptajn seatroll  on Big Cartel, I decided to grab one.
Made in Denmark ...cool..
in Camo....cool..
good price at only 20€....cool

ticks a few boxes..
Easy paypal payment, and only 5€ postage to the UK, I was suprised to see it waiting for me in about 5 days... bloody quick.
Quickly unwrapped and I was suprised at how small it was..
Stiffish single ply ( unlined) material, with clean stitching.
two pockets.. and with a tightish fit I managed to wedge in
1 Tube,
1 set of levers
1 multi tool ( not a big one)
1 CO2 Cartridge
1 CO2 Nozzle.
 cut off Tyre boot wrapped around a
blister of oil
a couple of cable ties
two spare SRAM Power links
a fiver.
Baby wipe.
hmmmm..

It all went in, a bit tight, and it may be fun trying to stuff it all back in with cold hands in  the winter..

I folded over the flap and rolled it in. I was disconcerted to see the flap didnt quite cover the tools etc, and it was certainly visible when strapped under my saddle..while nothing is likely to fall out I am a bit gutted that its quite open to the elements a road/cross crud.
Overall .. mildly diappointed.. the velcro flap is ok, but I would have liked at least one more pocket and a longer top covering flap..
I will live with it for a while, and give it the benefit of the doubt, but I will look for some suitable material to prototype my own tweaks.






No comments:

Post a Comment