Then back through Hook woods and picking up KItes croft and as much grassy verge as I could.
It was well worth it .. I managed to bag four KOMs which has helped me get over loosing so many while I was on holiday. Should have been five, but my Garmin cut 20m off the end of another segment so it didnt register with Strava :-( will have to try more of this lunchtime Cross riding its rather much better than thrashing on the road.
I decided to toake teh Focus AX out for a change. It is smoother and more comfortable than the HIver, but doesnt feel as fast. Though I really dont like those bars though. Time to look for another pair of Salsa cowbells.
Monday, 12 August 2013
Early Morning rides
So, everything ready to go... kit by the door, bike prepped, for a planned 45 minute hammer session around the woods, before the young un wakes up. It wasnt to be though; he pre-empted my get up early scheme and woke me up at 02:16. After settling him, I just couldnt get back to sleep :-( bugger.
No worries though. feeling tired and in a decidedly grumpy mood, I got out at lunchtime instead. While its a bit necky to get a long ride in during lunchtime, I thought about having a crack at the Meon Grind segment that has eluded me for quite some time. Topping it off with a quick scoot along the Chilling seafront in a bastard headwind,
Then back through Hook woods and picking up KItes croft and as much grassy verge as I could.
It was well worth it .. I managed to bag four KOMs which has helped me get over loosing so many while I was on holiday. Should have been five, but my Garmin cut 20m off the end of another segment so it didnt register with Strava :-( will have to try more of this lunchtime Cross riding its rather much better than thrashing on the road.
I decided to toake teh Focus AX out for a change. It is smoother and more comfortable than the HIver, but doesnt feel as fast. Though I really dont like those bars though. Time to look for another pair of Salsa cowbells.
Then back through Hook woods and picking up KItes croft and as much grassy verge as I could.
It was well worth it .. I managed to bag four KOMs which has helped me get over loosing so many while I was on holiday. Should have been five, but my Garmin cut 20m off the end of another segment so it didnt register with Strava :-( will have to try more of this lunchtime Cross riding its rather much better than thrashing on the road.
I decided to toake teh Focus AX out for a change. It is smoother and more comfortable than the HIver, but doesnt feel as fast. Though I really dont like those bars though. Time to look for another pair of Salsa cowbells.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment