Wednesday, 1 October 2014

its all going shit...

well not really..

After a great summer campaign, Autumn has been kind of unraveling rather quickly. Wessex League Round 1 up in Newbury went well, but since then things have taken a bit of a turn.

Firstly real life work went a bit seriously shit and really piled stress on..... Then I missed Oxford due to Roller racing commitments. South Coast Sprints were in Brighton for our annual pilgrimage to the Brighton SEO after conference party.
 Then on the Saturday we did Spin up in the City at Velo Cafe as part of the Tour of Britain celebrations.



A late finish and arriving home around 02:00 meant racing in Oxford was going to be tenuous at best. The autogyro of  being fair to my wife and family kicked in and I forfeited racing, for a day of recovery and DIY catchup.



Unfortunately I had a pretty bad crash in training, cracking two ribs and did something to my wrist and hand. it was painful as hell, I couldn't breathe properly or sleep very well. and three weeks on, my wrist is still hurting and crunching on the bouncy stuff . Remounts are an issue too  as the full weight is on that left wrist when you swing back into the saddle.. Damn .. To err on the side of caution I choose not to race on the Isle of Wight, as a further crash was likely to put paid to my entire season.... so that was another race missed.

So onto the Cycle show. South Coast Sprints once again were booked in to do the Cycle Show up at the NEC..This time Supporting Sharps Brewery ( of Doom Bar fame), who were promoting their new Atlantic Pale Ale. 5 days of very intense, stressful, but ultimately fun racing with over 500 riders passing over our rigs. I managed two short early runs, but no riding at all,
Obviously working the Sunday, meant that I missed the Cotswold Veldrijden event up on familiar Newbury.,. gutted. ( to add to the injury I was gridded as well) a massive drop in fitness and a post event cold/cough is looming after sharing far too much time with a snotty chaps. and the general public sneezing and spluttering ..
So that's 3 events missed.. no pressure to get racing as soon as I can..  if I can hold off this cold, and my wrist/hand isn't too bad I hope to have a crack at the Fareham Wheelers event at Fairthorne Manor this weekend. I wont be on form, but hopefully I can snag a few League points to help bouy my flagging morale and hopefully keep my season from being a total wash out.


At least the Atlantic Pale Ale is bloody great ...


No comments:

Post a Comment