Friday, 17 October 2014

DIY training barriers

My first set were made from 32mm Plumbers pipe that I had hanging around, but they were bulky and a pain to get from A to B . I did a blog post about them: HERE... but didnt use them that much..

so I bought some white 20mm round conduit and fittings from my local tool station.

2 x 3m lengths of White 20mm round conduit @£1.24
4 x T pieces @ £0.82
4 x 90' elbows @ £0.52
2 x coupler  @ £0.11

So all in: £8.06... the 3m length wasnt quite long enough, so I used a bit of black stuff I had left over from another job. but I am sure with more careful measurement 2x 3m would be adequate.

I intend to thread a bit of elastic through so they break down and are easy to snap together. but having tested them at lunchtime they were fine. a hint of sag, but no problem all for running over.

I don't suggest bunny hopping them though.


No comments:

Post a Comment