Most recently I took it to Spain with me for my ride up the Angliru. On that trip I had a problem with the bottom bracket and since getting home have taken the cranks off to take a look..
Oh dear:
at first I noticed the hole... judging by the other dents, most likely a result of some of my off road 'gravel' outings, a big stone must have come up smacked a dent and beaten a hole.
On a revisit I looked closer and noticed a bit of paint flaking...
double ah shit..
looks like a proper crack.. ( crack as in fucked .. not Craic as in get get wasted with Aiden..)
After a chat with James... the hole could be filled , but that crack means its fooked forever..
so About 10 years , at least 1500 miles a year on it ... thats at least 15000 miles at least on her..
good times:
Angliru
Dragon Ride,
the Sportive years.
Velocity days.
Long rides with my brother.
Getting back into riding after the birth of my son.
Heres a very old blog post about her: http://wilhay.wordpress.com/2008/11/27/oh-shit/
I may make a montage of pics on her ....or a facebook memorial page?

No comments:
Post a Comment