Monday, 9 December 2013

Knee Update

How depressing it is to watch CTL and hard earned fitness plummet.This knee problem is still persisting. 2 days rest> gentle ride>two days rest> gentle ride...

Whle the burny feel has gone, it feels weak, so I am laying off intervals and really hard efforts, just to keep ticking over, not lose too much for my last two races.

Since my last post I have started/continued to do the  following...>

  • Stretching daily> (with a bit of core mixed in) seems to help.
  • Foam roller ( mainly on my left ITB) definitly helps.. and after a few days it doesnt hurt as much.
  • Cod liver oil and Glucosamine. 
  • Gentle riding, focussing on pelvic rotation. Probably not a good idea, but not riding is driving me nuts.
  • Reading lots on line... I found an interesting article on Ankle flexibility causing problems on http://www.fix-knee-pain.com... : it made a lotof sense and as this is all aboyut marginal gains I have incorporated a bit of Ankle swirly excercises.

What I really need to do is to go and have a chat with James In Rock n Road. but I know he will give me shit for riding a frame awee bit too small for me,

So its not as bad as last week, but still not back to normal.. In the meantime I can only watch as my CTL goes into freefall off a fucking cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment