Just when things are going well and boom.. an issue.
I have had niggles and such with my back, and a few years ago I had to stop riding for a while due to a knee problem..
Well its back..
It started straight after Tuesdays hard tempo lunchtime ride.(Maybe I had overdone it on hill intervals the day before..)
A dull burning sensation on the outside of my left knee. sort of starting at that bony blob at the outside top of the fibula.. and spreading all the way up to the quad...
As a few days have gone on it feels a lot like the inside and to the rear of the joint, no localised pain,with the burning feeling persisting..
Not sure what to do about it. I suspect ITB, but cant quite discern where the pain emanates from.
I have bought myself a foam roller and have done a few ITB type roller bits...,
A wee bit of stretching
and so far have taken two ( frustrating) days off the bike.
To try next
Restart regular morning Stretching and Core work ( been mainly core recently)
A bit better Foam Rolling, incorporating into my routine.
Find out where the pain actually is.. ( read lots on doctor google and try lots of wierd leg raises etc to see if I can locate )
Try the bike again tomorrow, but hold off any interval work for a few days. Just regular, easy miles..No big ring hill work!
Buy some Glucosamine and Cod liver oil tabs. Hate it, but its a case of marginal gains.
Take some Ibuprofen at the weekend ( when I would be resting anyway)

No comments:
Post a Comment