Not as Mierda as I thought. A friend offered a full bike at a crazy price so who was I to say no...yet another bike to add to the growing quiver in the garage.
Merida cross in a 58 ( my size so it fits better than my Hiver)
noname wheels, Tiagra throughout, gobi saddle , ritchy seatpin, Omega cranks. CR720 Brakes .. so no slouch really.
My plans were to strip it down, rebuild my Surly and sell the Merida frame on Ebay. It didn't work like that .. I rode it alongside my son to school one morning,
Its Tiagra shifting worked well, gearing was reasonable and even the awful ali fork wasn't as bad as I feared.
the brake shudder is horrible so far as it actually shakes mud off but as a reasonable bike for a great price I am rather chuffed with it. Its a bit heavier than my Focus and the steering is a lot slower than any of my cross bikes. did I mention that brake judder?.
I figure I will ride it hard, put it away wet and when it gets rough I will just strip it and assimilate it into the Focus pit bike.

No comments:
Post a Comment