Well June has come and gone, with a start to this years racing (Fairthorne Manor in January aside.)
Due to illness June didn't start that great. CTL took a great big nosedive due to feeling pretty unwell ( maybe it was the spiky nature of my training ATL) anyway I got sick. knee started again, and all month I have struggled to go hard.
The first race on the 6th was a bit different... my heart rate data scared the crap out of me. over 30 minutes in Z5... horrendous.
since then training has consisted of two hard sessions Monday and Tuesday, generally off road. rest Wednesday. race Thursday and an easy recovery ride on Friday. Weekends have been fairly busy with family stuff, so i have only managed to squeeze a late night run in on Sunday night.
Racing has been ok. despite the heart rate worries in the first race I managed a top 10(8th) but since then and untimely crash put me out of the top ten and last weeks grass/wet ness / equipment issues handed me a good lesson in humility
Only 284 miles in 20 hours, but despite the drop in miles the intensity is consistent , despite 3 rest days a week.
I am tired though and not peaking as I had hoped..
The only goal for July is to race as often as possible and stay injury free. See if I can work back into the top ten and see how the Cotswold Veldrijen weekend races go.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment