Monday, 20 January 2014

2013 Round up

2013.. done and dusted.. A comeback year , that has lit the fuse for a resurgent love of racing, trying new ideas and committing to training.
Highlight of the year was undoubltably CityCross, followed by the other CityCross. Either or.. the first one  at Shroggs tip because I shocked myself doing reasonably well, and the second one because it was just bloody brilliant.

I dabbled with injury, where my lower back and psoas have played up, and my left knee has caused me concern on two occasions. In both cases, a bit of rest, stretching and core work have kept anything cronic at bay.( for now at least)
Strava has been a revelation, and I have become a total Strava whore, managing to claim 65 KOMs in all. Not bad for a duffer like me in such a hotly contested area.
3415 miles 240 hours in total, breaking 5000Km with virtually all rides done at lunchtimes  ( only one long one in December)
Racing went better than I could have imagined. After CityCross in March was the first racein 15 years, I manged to et consistant top tens in the Summer season.
Wessex league got off to a slow start and I missed a fair few races due to Roller Racing commitments. But I managed to surpass my season Goal of coming top half of a race. Hopefully I can build on this and look forward to the next season.
Coolest thing I have bought all year:.. my foam roller.Hurts like hell, but very effective.
Biggest waste: second hand Carbon Tubs.. only one race. then the freewheel imploded.. load of bollocks and they are totally shit braking in the wet.



No comments:

Post a Comment