Friday, 1 November 2013

October Stats...Is 'Tempo ride' a euphemism for Strava bagging?

October has been a good month..
404 miles
27 hours
Which is the highest mileage of the year so far and luckily most of them have been good quality miles with regular hill sprints and hard tempo rides. (Is Tempo ride a euphemism for Strava bagging?)
Regular lunchtime activities are still the mainstay of my riding with Friday and Saturday rest days before racing on Sunday. I suppose I should do a gentle spin out or openers on Fridays...
Double headers on Wednesdays bump up Trimp, ( the two 'fangs' on the chart) but have been leaving me feeling bonked and very tired on Thursdays.. cant quite get that balance right.
Only one run though...so I really should try and be getting out at least once a week. While I love longer runs, I know it is intervals that I need to be doing, so I need to find a decent sharp hill with lights to be able to train on. Glen road would be ideal, but it is very dark and the water has really torn it up. Headlight> woods> just get on with it.
Racing has been good, with my confidence growing and my placings getting better. I am still just outside the top ten but I know that on a good day I will be contesting. Marginal gains are in order.. New wheels running tubs may help, but I am nervous about their first outing (  fear change)


A slower start to the month This months PMC some ATL spikes from the double headers on Wednesdays. That first weekend was the Cycle show.
Racing every weekend has had an impact as I cant quite get the training/ racing /rest balance right yet. but I have stayed snot/ injury free.
Building CTL is becoming harder on the training budget that I have. With CTL already in the low 70s. I need my Trimp for any session to be over that.. which is borderline for a lunchtime or very hard with the Hard day/softer day that I am currently working with.




Looking forward to November:  Racing is a bit more Sporadic, but that may suit me
Run at least once a week.
Pick up my core work again ( I have been rather lazy in the morning.. to much 'curating ' my Tumblr blog Crossthrash.)
Think about peaking for the Southern Champs on 8th December.

No comments:

Post a Comment